Click on the link or image to load the image collection pdf in a new window.
Thanks to Mark Evans , son of John Evans (OR 19 September 1924 to 1929) who has created
a web site hosting audio recordings made by his father, Trevor John Augustus Evans (b. 1913 d. 2003), describing his memories in vivid detail.
This includes an interesting section describing his time as a pupil at Rendcomb during the 1920's. Link to Website (Opens in a new window).
The Memoir 3 audio recording runs for approximately 1 hour and can be played using the free VLC media player. (Opens in a new window).
Sections are listed as:
* Rendcomb College, board, description, stables, village, church, school
* Working day times * School houses * Duties * Times off * Diet restrictions * Pocket money and finances
* Table servers * Financial responsibilities * Athletics and punishments * Food and shortages
* Music - Mr Shimain * Woodworking shop * The wilderness, box bushes, tools in workshop
* Wild life in the park, rabbits etc, mushrooms, drying room * Snow activity, river churn, toboggans
* Radio activities, crystal sets, old WW1 airfield, cable for antenna, caught out one evening - all confiscated!
* Valve amps! School 100Volts DC for high tension! Extension to next dorm
* All forgiven and given use of a room in the tower, music for tennis, antenna to fir tree
* Introduction to Mr Edwards and departure from Rendcomb